Military issue tough, as used by US/NATO. Used for LZ & DZ. Securing a temporary LZ has never been easier. The Emergency Landing Zone (ELZ) Strobe Kit simplifies the process of calling in a MEDIVAC helicopter by providing everything needed to set up a safe landing zone.
Each kit includes a rugged case, five strobes with bases, pace-out line, instruction manual and safety guides. Spring-loaded weighted bases keep the strobes upright in high winds and rotor wash. No assembly is required, so there's no fumbling around in the dark. Other LZ kits require assembly, and/or ground attachement. Compare our kit and unit weight to theirs, you'll see the difference! Six lens colors including infrared (IR) are available for night vision preservation or night vision equipment use.
Kit comes equipped with steady-burning bulb modules. Operators Liability- The system has been designed to be operated under normal visual meteorological conditions for night flying by a pilot with normal vision. The system is utilized at the operator's discretion and risk. The suppliers accept no liability whatsoever whether implied or explicit for any incidents/accidents that may incur. The operator must ensure that trained personnel operate the system and are made fully aware of aviation safety and that the LANDING ZONE remains clear of animals, pedestrians and obstructions at all times during landings and takeoffs. Only competent and currently night rated pilots may use this system. Use by student pilots training for night rating is prohibited. Not available for sale to European union at this time, not RoHS compliant.
- Easy to use, deploys in seconds. Compact, versatile, effective & affordable.
- Pilot-Preferred. Quickly guides pilots to the specified landing zone from miles away.
- Organizes ground crew activity and increases safety.
- Won't blow around even under the largest helicopter rotor wash, without ground anchors.
- Tested and preferred by Medevac and military pilots.
- Multifunctional, use it for traffic control, search markers, hazards marking.
- Vertical flight operations use include EMS, Fire Dept., Police, Military, Forestry, Heavy lift, Private or Estate LZ, Heliport back-up, Commercial LZ, Offshore rigs, Vessel LZ.
- Units can be permanently mounted easily with a single fastener.