With Today's technology - everything is wireless.
Speakers for home theatres
So why not aviation headsets?
EQ is the answer!
The main problem with aviation headset is the cord. It limits technology and is unsafe.
( how many pilots have you seen get out of the aircraft
with the headset still attached to the aircraft?)
How do they work?
1. Simply press the button on the side of the headset.
2. When the aircraft's intercom is switched on, the EQ link will detect it, and turn on automatically - then the headset will start to transmit to the link- That's it!
This headset is for someone with an EQ-Link already.
If you want a full system, go to cross selling for the EQ pack, which includes EQ-Link and EQ1 Headset
Red Bull air race champion pilot
Matt Hall :
"I tried the EQ1 Wireless Headset in my aerobatic Giles aircraft when training back home in Australia.
My first impressions prior to engine start where that they could not possibly work as they were so light and had nothing attached to them...it seemed as though I was not wearing a headset, more a pair of earmuffs. To my surprise, the noise canceling aspect was just as good as I have experienced, as too the quality of communications within the cockpit and on the radio. Best of all, was the freedom of movement while conducting high G manoeuvres...light weight and no chords...it felt like I was doing aerobatics with just a cap on!
On the safety side of things, it has great potential for aerobatics, as there are no chords flying around the cockpit during the manoeuvres, which eliminates any chance of fouling the stick. Likewise, in the unfortunate case of a bailout, there is no risk at all of becoming fouled with the headset / cables, as you can just jump without the worry of still having your head attached to the cockpit!"
No Cables in the cockpit!
Cables are old technology - They are easy to break - limit movement - get tangled - and are dangerous in the event of an accident.
Wireless technology used in the EQ wireless system is cutting edge, with advanced software to make the transmission stable and clear.
You will never get scratchy radio calls, or bad connections as all the pesky wires from the headset- which often break, is eliminated.
You have full digital ANR, making audio terrific and much easier to hear incoming calls from ATC and other aircraft.
With the unique quiet cockpit technology- your transmissions are much clearer, as cabin and engine noise is eliminated, by stopping the bad noise from going down the mic when the transmission is made.
WHAT IS IN THE EQ-single pack?
The EQ-Link single package includes-
1x headset with carry case
2 x USB-mini usb charge cable (suitable for 'inflight' or 240v)
1 x 240v charger
|The EQ1 story
The first test flight of the new EQ1wireless comms was carried out successfully on 20th July 2008, This flight, to the best of our knowledge, is the first completely wireless,full duplex ANR pilot-passenger communication including VHF radio transmission in flight, in aviation history.
With today's wireless technology, as someone pointed out to me, "the occasion was well overdue."
To achieve this milestone has been a battle of complexity and technology in a generally uncharted field.
Over 20 years of experience in designing RF components and systems for both business and military situations was employed and approximately 3 years of development have gone into the invention and manufacture of a completely wireless communications system.
What this all means to you as a pilot, is that your radio/communications and headset installation has become very simple.
The ability to move in and out of the cockpit without catching wires on controls or projections has been solved completely.
Your comfort level is superb and the quality of your reception and transmissions is now outstandingly clear.
EQ1 DESIGN BRIEF
We have a simple design brief. The product must--
- be wireless
- be easy to install
- provide quiet listening in a noisy environment
- provide quality transmissions from a noisy environment
- be comfortable
- provide simple, intuitive operation. Put them on, turn them on and fly.
As you can see, high on the EQ1 design criteria was that installation be as simple as is possible
For the more inquisitive and technical of you here are some of the extra features that are built in. Most of which are at work in the background making life easier for the user.
- The EQ1 is a full duplex digital wireless system designed from the ground up using over 20 years military RF design technology experience.
- TheEQ-Link/ EQ1 headset combination can be used in conjunction with up to4 otherEG-Link / EQ1 Headset combinations in the one aircraft.
- USB or 12v (5v-18v) charging capability
- Cell phone interface via Bluetooth and yes we do have side tone at all times
- High quality microphone using digital processing to reduce background noise.
- Unique 'Clean Cockpit' processes unwanted cockpit nose from the microphone.
- System is designed to interface correctly for each radio manufacturers idiosyncrasies. (EQ1 comms)
- Incorporates 4 microphones and uses active noise reduction (ANR) technology for extreme noise aircraft.
- Adaptive frequency hopping technology at 2.4GHz. (NOT blue tooth)
- Voice is digitized and compressed before being sent across the RF interface.
- The system uses TDMA protocol like GSM phones to achieve multi-channel full duplex operation.
- VOX system is adjustable by user to adapt to personal environment
- 'SOFTVOX' enabled to allow for short gaps in voice data. (no clipped words)
- 'VOX MIC' protocol used to remove non speaking party from radio transmissions
- The system also has full voice synthesis capability and can 'speak' many different messages and control information; all configurations are done this way (voice prompting). This can be expandable to a choice of languages.
- Long life (23hr) NiMh rechargeable battery including voice announced capacity and severallow battery warnings.
- Auto off function-- headsets will turn off automatically after end of flight.
- No wires to tangle or break. Simple & easy to install
- Emergency power back up for continual operation
- Built in battery charger or International Multi-volt and 12v car chargers with voice announced percentage of charge
- Can be charged from the aircraft with auto off when charged.
- Wall charger will charge to full then trickle charge indefinitely- this means never having a flat battery after a long break from flying.
- Headsets can be used independently and can operate 'peer to peer'